Microbe Invader is now a role-playing game! I meant to finish this earlier, but then surgery rotation happened...better late than never?
This time, you're a med student treating infectious diseases in the hospital and in the community! As the one carrying the ID pager in the extremely understaffed local hospital, your task is to:
- Diagnose patients by ordering lab tests and matching the symptoms and history to bacteria that fit the presentation
- Treat patients with appropriate antibiotics for that bacteria. Watch out for side effects and antibiotic resistance!
- Explore the community and eradicate the infectious diseases lurking in expected places! You can get sick yourself by eating tainted food, hanging around too close to animals, stepping on rusty nails, etc.
As you encounter, diagnose, and treat more pathogens, you collect badges. Maybe you can get them all? (the BADGES, not the diseases!)
- 44 different bacteria, each with their own attacks! At the moment they are all bacteria, but the next version will include fungal and viral diseases (hopefully)
- 24 different antibiotics! Find them in supply rooms around the hospital, or buy them yourself at the pharmacy. Currently they don't distinguish between IV and oral types, but that might change...
- Automatically written electronic medical records - No need to type progress notes, they will magically be written for you after you see and treat patients! Auto-log your patients, diseases, and pathogens seen. If only real life were this easy...
- You can save your game by accessing the medical records screen (lower left button) under the Save tab.
- Randomly generated patients and townspeople! As you play you might start seeing the same patients and get to participate in continuity of care!
- See patients in different settings like the hospital, outpatient clinic, or during house calls.
- Eat delicious (virtual) foods like custard, rare steak, raw seafood...